We are proud sponsors of the Auskick Roosters at WFFC
Whats Happening this Month?
AUGUST IS PET DENTAL HEALTH MONTH
Did you know....
- Peridontal disease is the most common disease seen in dogs and cats. It’s more common than any other disease including those of the skin, eyes, ears or heart.
- Gum disease can lead to infections in the kidney, heart and liver, and even fractured jaws.
- Plaque and tartar contain a multitude of bacteria and toxins that can spread to other parts of the body.
- More than 80% of dogs and 70% of cats develop gum disease by the age of three.
- Peridontal disease in pets can often go undetected for years, despite the fact it causes pain and discomfort.
- Annual dental check-ups and ongoing dental care can prevent some of the serious side effects of gum disease.
- Common signs of gum disease include bad breath, inflamed gums, broken teeth and in some cases a reluctance to eat.
At Vetcall we are offering a FREE dental consultation (by appointment) which includes a dental health report, advise on treating/prevention of dental disease and free dental treats for your pet.
We are also offering a 10% discount off the cost of all dentals booked during August.
To arrange your pets free dental health exam, please call the practice 9687-7711.